Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Meet Lan.. She grew up in Sweden!
Lan gave me a call this afternoon when I was still in bed and asked if I had any plans for the day.. I didn't have any.. So I was invited to a picnic on my first meeting with my mentor..

And nice guy Joakim.. Lan's boyfriend..

And Tomoko, their friend from France.. That's the Royal Palace in the background..

Headed to the Nobel Museum after the picnic..
.
Alfred Nobel's will and death mask..

The Nobel Prize medals and diplomas..

After the museum, we headed to Lan and Joakim's apartment..

For a traditional kräftskiva (crayfish party)..

These parties are generally held during August, a tradition which started because Swedish crayfish harvesting was for most of the 20th century legally limited to late summer.. Not now though.. Sweden actually imports most of its crayfish..

The crayfish was really good..

And I tried senapssill (herring in mustard sauce).. Hated it.. Haha..





on top of the world